Friday, February 11, 2011

the worst 2.5 hours

No Cab when i Needed them

Attended a workshop on "The Role of Performing Arts CCAs in Equipping Our Students with the Knowledge, Skill and Expertise to Succeed in Work and Life in the 21st Century"....it's conducted by Professor Carol K. Walker, Dean Emeritus, Purchase College,State University of New York.


Sound impressive right???? hahahaha....but i see it as an avenue to let me put aside some time to plan for my non core duties....sometimes, there are just too many things happening in school that it's difficult to set aside time to think how can i improve my involvement in my CCAs, my way of teaching or how to have innovative, less time consuming and less tedious ideas fro the events that i m involve in.... so going on course is my way of of stealing time to do so... while the instructor or trainer will be teaching what they need to teach, i will be doing my reflection + doddling in my notebook....


another plus point is that these courses are usually in the afternoon, so i get to skip class...oopx... not that i hate my class or dislike teaching, but to have the luxury of having a 3 hour work day once in a while can be a god send.... =)


arrived punctually for the course after meeting up my ah niu niu.... he's back from london.... but only for 2 weeks.... been at least 1.5 years since i last saw him... but was busy eating and talking that i forgot to take a pix with him although i purposely brought my camera out with me today lo.... sianx... anyway, he still looks the same... as bamboo as ever....



anyway, the course was rather badly conducted...first, objective was not met as she din go thru what was supposed to be gone thru after she found out that most of us as teachers in charge of music or dance CCAs are mainly handling adminstrative stuff and had engaged professional dance instructors to train our kids instead.... so the whole course became rather unorganised and unstructured.... but from the discussion and sharing with the other teachers, i still managed to come up with some strategies to improve on my CCA this year...



anyway, today i purposely match my attire so that i can wear my new blue shoes... =) ... as i was unable to match them with my purple dress for 初一 and greenish gold for 初二.... i still purposely bit them before i put them on ...hoping that they wun bite me lo... but no lo... they gave me such bad blisters that i was bleeding by the time i reached the dance studio at Co-curricular Activities Branch, 21 Evans Road....

The culprit which has been tortured by me beyond recognision too... hahahaha

painful blisters... ouch!!!


heavy downpour at 4pm...so decided to take cab home when the course finishes at 5pm... called 65521111, network busy.... call again....still busy.... so sms Mr Ang for help.... he gave me 67780808 and 6555888.... call.... either user busy or network busy.... so rotate among the 3 lines until finally an operator from 65521111 picks up my call.... she asked for my location and asked me to hold for my cab license plate number ...hold hold and hold only to be greeted with "we are sorry, there are currently no available cab in your area, please call again later"..... argh!!!! wtf wtf wtf???? waste me like 9 minutes to get this??? then when i try to call in again... network busy again.... super TL.....



Mr Ang sent me another sms with 64857777, 63636888 and 65553333....called the 6 numbers i have altogether in rotation until an automated machine answered me at 64857777.... u r currently caller number 29 waiting to speak to our operator... please wait patiently.... so i waited very patiently.... from number 29, to 28,26, 25, 24, 22, 21, 20, 18, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 5 , 4, 3, 2..... took me 30 minutes and the bloody line got cut off when i am finally caller number TWO!!!......



i dun care whose fault is it... whether is the phone auto cut off at 30 minutes or that stupid cab company auto cut off system.... i m just gonna curse that stupid cab company.... wtf wtf wtf wtf.... argh!!!! and after that i couldnt get thru to any of the companies again.... what's wrong ???? 1 full hour on the phone trying to book a cab but can't..... just because of a heavy rain and all the cab company are so fully booked??? then they must earn alot lo since there's an average of 1 downpour a day throughout the year???



the stupid rain finally stopped and i limped my way out to the bus stop and bloody hell... why must the stupid bus top be so far away??? at least a good 400m lo.... took 156 which crawls when there's some cars and crawls even slower when there's more cars..... took me like another 1.5 hours on the bus from evans road to hougang.....



i also dun know whether i should be angry with the pair of new shoes or the heavy downpour or the lousy cab companies or the stupid slowcoach buses or myself for meeting with all these in one day.....



it makes me thankful that i can wear sportshoes to work everyday, travel to school during non peak hours, travel home at middle peak hours and not having to rely to RED buses most of the days.....

No comments: