Sunday, October 19, 2014

33 reasons why I fancy being me

inspired after reading why 90 reasons why "we secretly fancy Mr Lee Kuan Yew" last year and the newer version on 91 quotes from him for his 91 birthday this year.... 

And since he has a hand to play in the life that i am having now and the fact that i always like to do things in alphabetically order or in number list, i shall make a list for myself too during my birthday month and yes, I am 33 this year..... 


33 reasons why I fancy being me

(1) i luv that I am generally a happy and contented person. Nothing really keeps me mad or upset for long. thanks to having a small brain that cant remember unhappy stuff for long... heee 

(2) i luv that I am healthy, as declared by Dr Candy myself ... hahahahha .... to me, being healthy equals to 身体无病无痛无大碍 and this reminded me that i have yet to book for my complimentary full body check up from prudential... =P ...thanks Jess

(3) i luv that I am a Libra which means i am born to be fair. Actually, more to, i enjoy being fair.... it makes me feel that i am a better person just because i am and/or try to be fair to all my kiddos and to the people around me.... 

(4) i luv that I am easily contented and hence i feel that i am more appreciative and definitely living everyday happier with less complains and resentments... 


(5) i luv that i am not into the top range of branded stuff like prada & channel nor the latest gadgets like iphone & tablets .... the most expensive 'branded' bag that i gotten for myself was a $300 Coach bag 2 years ago.... and after the US trip this June, i promised myself never to get any more coach, kate spade or micheal kors unless i get them from premium outlets.... and if it comes a day when i am into channel, prada and lv, i shall only get them in europe... heee 

(6) i luv that i am a rather chillax person who dosen get stressed out easily... yes, i do kpkb from time to time when things screw up but i am glad i am those who can 临危不乱 and focus on getting solutions or to look for alternatives rather than going into panic mood easily...

(7) i luv that i am a procrastinator who at the same time is efficient enough to do last minute work and still meet all deadlines... wahahahha... 


(8) i luv that I have been financially independent since age 18 after graduating from JC. Funded my uni allowance with tuition assignments and am always proud that I paid for my own uni education, my braces, my lasik, all my hols, my part of home sweet home all with my own earnings and without using a single cent from the chua parents... guess this is the positive outcome from a family where the freezing allowance method is used to get the parents' msg across.... =S

(9) I luv that i luv travelling... travelling allows me to experience unique cultures and experiences which i do not have access to in Singapore.... holiday plan now include another bangkok trip in nov with hong mama and hong papa,  royal carribean cruise with the chua family in dec and a korea and Bhutan trip in 2015...woohoo... happiness... Travelling also allows me to see and feel how fortunate i am to be born and living in Singapore. 

(10) i luv that I am a Singaporean. Even when given a choice, I would still choose to be born and raise up in Singapore.... thanks for the equal education opportunity and career opportunity and most importantly, the safe environment. 

(11) i luv that my home sweet home is just across the road to a clusters of 24-hour coffee shops, atm, book shops, 24 hour ntuc, salons, clinic, grocery stores etc...99% of anything and everything that I need is just across a street... =D

(12) i luv that my home sweet home is getting dolled up little by little, corner by corner, bits by bits, wall by wall ... yes, even after 4.5 years in home sweet home, deco are being put up whenever i am free (read - sch hols) or when i come across good buy (read - sale) ... heee.... this allows me to stay fascinated and happy with home sweet home even until now oh... just put up brownie's and snowy's name on our family wall with letters from typo this evening ... =) 

(13) i am appreciative that I have a mum who did not abandon me even when times were hard and against her... Her parenting methods may not be the best or those that i prefer but i know, she will definitely be the last one around even when the whole world desert me... 


(14) i am appreciative that I have Alfred as my sibling number 1. One who is so nua, giving and obliging to all my nonsense requests and one who dosen go against mum much.... thanks for your contribution to the chua's family.... u will be the perfect bro if u curb ur spending on games to within ur allowance though... =P 


(15) i am appreciative that I have Angela as my sibling number 2. One who is gifted in making me pretty....used to be my manicurist, now my make-up artist..... wahahhahaha... all the best in ur make-up diploma....


(16) i am appreciative that I have Alvin as my sibling number 3. The joker of the family...one who is always fun to hang out with.... one who turned out well even when environment wasn't favourable. 


(17) i luv that I have Brownie (right) as my dogther number 1. So fluffy, so round, so loving and is forever so excited and happy to see me every day and every time I return home, even when i am only out for 20 minutes to buy things across the road... i guess dogs are the only living things in the world that still stay so madly in love and show their love to the people they see every single day... congrats on finally able to jump onto and off the sofa on your own after 3 years... wahahaha.... 



(18) i luv that i have Snowy (left) as my dogther number 2. So small, so cute and so jumpy. am so happy that you are finally happier with us... i can see from ur dashes around the living room, ur initiatives to be hugged and cuddled that you are no longer as timid as then... and congrats on finally being accepted to sleep on our bed just because u would sneakily jump on it after i fall asleep.... 

(19) i am appreciative for the bad dads i had whom taught me the hard fact of life that i have only myself to depend on when times are bad and how to appreciate all but be attached to none.... i believe in reaping what you sow, one down, one more to go... 

(20) i am appreciative for all the hard times in life which makes me a stronger, know what's important in life, more appreciative person now... but these kind of hard life, once in a life time is more than sufficient liao ah... oopx

(21) i luv that my vocation is a primary school teacher which means i spend most of my work time around children which are so much easier to work with than complicated adults. And because of their petite size (especially the lower pri) and innocent faces, it's difficult to stay angry for long.... i can for one moment be angry with one for not handing in his/her work or forms or worksheets persistently and the next moment smile at him/her for paying attention and staying focus in class... all in the span of 5 minutes?!?!?!?!

(22) i luv that my form class is 2 Honesty this year.... not that i enjoy being a form teacher who has to deal with all the admin work and to handle discipline issues and parental concerns.. what i luv about this class is the kids... i teach them math and they have grown to be very motivated to reach their potential in excelling for math, helping and teaching their friends during peer coaching time and taking initiatives to show their own petty issues... 

(23) i luv that i am teaching art at 60% of my teaching periods this year which means that i have one less core subject to stress on drilling the kids to churn out results and definitely one less subject worth of workbooks and worksheets marking and correction and re-correction chasing. 

(24) i luv that i am moving towards teaching a subject I see more values in. I believe that learning for the young ones shouldn't be so stressful. It should be more fun, more experimental, more exploration and definitely not about memorising and regurgitating perfect answers in exams. i just hope the kiddos bring their art materials and homework (or at least bring their incomplete work and try to attempt to continue with them in class) so that less time is spend on nagging about responsibility and hence more time on art creating....

(25) I luv that my art pupils are "receptive" to the art lessons i shared. There are so much more sharings, discussions, gallery walks and group work especially for the upper primary. I really need to learn how to slow down a little and remind myself that there's more to art learning then the final artwork for display ... 

(26) i luv that i am in-charge of the art fund in school to buy whatever i or my art teachers need for anything relating to art.... be it paint, canvas or salt and flour.... as much as it's a hassle to do art shopping for the school on many of my weekends, i am super happy to get all the good deals off the rack then purchasing them through suppliers who, most of the time, deliver inferior products. And sometimes, it's just way too time consuming sourcing for art suppliers and having to meet them then send order form, receive delivery order... 

(27) i luv that I have a hubby who fits into my ideal both in physical attractiveness and emotional attachment... He is my secondary school days' ideal of 又,又,又可爱, my jc days' ideal of being sporty and possesses leadership qualities, my uni days' ideal of 痩痩高高又聪明 and finally to my adult days' ideal of 疼我惜我接受我.... basically, he's everything that i want in a hubby package... 你让我觉得超幸福的喔!!! 

(28) i luv that i have a hubby who does most of the housework while i only need to iron the clothes... 

(29) i luv that i have a hubby who is oki with my super nua-ness, super no like to queue, super no energy, super no creativity when it comes to dates, would rather stay at all when it's too sunny or rainy.... wahahahaha

(30) I luv that i am married into the Ang family where hong mama and hong papa are such sweet in-laws. heard so much scary stories from friends about their clashes with in-laws so i am really really thankful for what i have .. =) 

(31) i luv that my feet are a size 35-36 which means that i can just try on any pair of shoes on the display shelf without having to trouble the sale personnel... =) 

(32) i am looking forward to finally moving out of my comfort zone after 7.5 years and venturing into a new terrain next year.... i never thought i would leave but i guess different bosses means different directions means differing outlooks... hurray to 从新做起.... which means can slack around at least for 1 year since i will be considered a newbie right?!?!?!? wahahahahaha...   

(33) I LUV THAT I AM FINALLY COMPLETING THIS ENTRY after working at it for 2 weeks .... wahahahahaha.... 

No comments: